Saturday, May 05, 2007

Saturday night fever

Yeah...it was fever for sure.
Ruining my well laid down plans.Couldnt get out of the bed all day, and at 9pm I finally realised I would regret going back and not doing things I always keep cribbing that I dont get to do in delhi.Backpacking.

So I dragged myself out of the bed, went for a long walk, bought some tea at starbucks and picked up a local mag trying to figure out where I could go, for just a day.

Thailand has plenty of hills and beaches, all 1-2 hours away from bangkok.A bus ride is quite cheap, and you can leave early morning and come back in the evening.Perfect for a lonely traveller like me.All I would need would be my camera,ipod and sketch pad to have a good time.
My ideal choice would have been lesser commericalised beaches like hua hin or krabi.But its raining a lot in most places and the hotel staff strongly recomended pattaya.

sigh.what if the neon lighted bars and skinny thai women and foreigners with beer belly just put me off?What if I dont find my secluded abandoned beach where I can just sit and sketch.

But its already pretty late in the night, and I decide for starters maybe I should just make this one trip.Maybe next week hua hin-one of the oldest beach resorts and a currently abandoned small town.

Which reminds me, I need to beg or bribe someone get me a fabriano sketch pad and a water brush.Both are absolutely unavailable anywhere I look.And the crappy sketch book I managed to buy, is pretty bad for water colours.The paper just soaks up the water and messes my sketches up.I spent 30 minutes at B2S, the largest stationary shop in bangkok, spanning over 2 floors, just trying to explain what a waterbrush was.

starbucks
speak softly-People will listen.Take your time-The world will wait

No comments: