Monday, May 07, 2007

One off from the list

00000062_800x600
When I was 12 years old , I had read an article in readers digest that said , "everyone should carry a list in their wallet.Of things they want to do.And each year they should keep ticking off the ones they have, add new ones.When you are 50 years old, review it and see what all have you not even tried yet".
When you are 12, life seems like an eternity.Next year seems to be too far away and the summer vacations seem never ending.So even though I had made such a list,I never carried it around.
Over the years a few things have actually been stricken off.And what happened this weekend is probably one of my most favorite ones.

Packing my bags and just setting off without any plans or itenaries ...

My Saturday started off on a bad note.A conversation on gtalk left me very low and I was angry with myself...for playing a victim to certain circumstances.I decided I would venture out of bangkok, do things that I never get to do in Delhi.

Given the rains in Thailand, the hotel staff strongly suggested Pattaya.But writeups on the net sort of put me off.I just scrapped this indian lady on orkut and she scrapped back that beaches of Hua Hin and Rayong were much better.Hua Hin was flooded with water so I opted for Rayong, which was 3 hours away from Bangkok.
Saturday late night, I surfed the net for hours, before I gave up.
Making detailed itenaries wasnt my cup of tea,I wasnt much of a planner.I decided I'd just set off for Rayong and figure something out on the way.

Well,one cannot change ones nature.I will never be a person who plans things out.But high risks have high rewards.And this weekend I discovered "Koh Samet". :D

my foot2

No comments: