Saturday, May 08, 2004

MESSY TALES

Caught up with bawi girl on yahoo.. We date back almost 6 years..and the conversation that started with “hi woman, can’t talk for long..just wanted to say hi� lasted for more than an hour.
Funny how no matter how long it’s been.. its always so easy to pick up threads with ur close friends.
And its funny how in spite of the time zones and months separating us..she managed to zero down on the single most fact which used to sum up my existence in the hostel not too long ago..
�hey does your room still look like it got hit by a hurricane ??�

And I was taken back.. ME?..messy??
On second thoughts,lemme think..
dad almost threatening to throw me out of the house if I didn’t clean up my room in an hour
my hostel floor miraculously disappearing under the pile of loose notes and shirts and bag and mayo bottle and hot plate and melamine dishes and crusty fungusy bread pack and ….god knows what else ---within a week. End of two years I finally had to move to bawi-girls room with a few essential things to see me through the exams cos it was too much of an effort to clean up my room and study . and moving out was more of a pick-things-u-need-and-leave-the-rest-behind.

But now ofcourse im a changed woman.
I can afford a maid who can pick up after me.

No comments: